Description: C5b-9, Rat, mAb 2A1, immuno assay antibody
The monoclonal antibody 2A1 was raised against a rat C5b-9 neoantigen. Monoclonal antibody 2A1 can be used as a coating antibody to detect C5b-9 in plasma and urine samples.
|Product type||Monoclonal antibodies|
|Formulation||0.5 mg of 0.2 μm filtered protein G purified antibody solution in PBS (exact concentration is indicated on the label).|
|Application||F, FC, IA, IF, P, W|
|Application Notes||IA: plates were coated with 30μg/ml in 50mM carbonatebuffer, pH10.6 for 16h at 4°C.(Ref.1)
W: A non-reduced sample treatment and SDS-Page was used. The band size is >200 kDa (Ref.1).
IHC-P: Tissue sections fixed in formalin were pretreated with protease type XXIV for 10 minutes at 37⁰C before incubation (Ref.6).
IHC-F: Tissue sections were fixed in acetone for 10 minutes at room temperature before incubation (Ref. 3).
|Use||Dilutions to be used depend on detection system applied. It is recommended that users test the reagent and determine their own optimal dilutions. The typical starting working dilution is 1:50.|
|Alias||Membrane attack complex, MAC, TCC, Terminal Complement Complex|
|Positive Control||Glomeruli of rats treated with anti-Thy-1.1 antibodies|
|References||1. Schulze, M et al. Increased urinary excretion of C5b-9 distinguishes passive Heymann nephritis in the rat. Kidney Int. 1989, 35: 60
2. Brandt, J et al. Role of the complement membrane attack complex (C5b-9) in mediating experimental mesangioproliferative glomerulonephritis. Kidney Int. 1996, 49: 335
3. Sato, T et al.The terminal sequence of complement plays an essential role in antibody-mediated renal cell apoptosis. J Am Soc Nephrol 1999, 10: 1242
4. Duijvestijn, A. Complement activation by anti-endothelial cell antibodies in MHC-mismatched and MHC-matched heart allograft rejection: anti-MHC, but not anti non-MHC alloantibodies are effective in complement activation. Transpl. Int. 2000, 13:363
5. Yamada,K et al. Clusterin is up-regulated in glomerular mesangial cells in complement-mediated injury. Kidney Intern 2001. 59:137
6. Nangaku M et al. C6 mediates chronic progression of tubulointerstitial damage in rats with remnant kidneys J. Am. Soc. Nephrol. 2002, 13: 928
7. Rangan GK et al. C5b-9 regulates peritubular myofibroblast accumulation in experimental focal segmental glomerulosclerosis. Kidney Int 2004, 66: 1838
8. Ostendorf, T et al. Antagonism of PDGF-D by human antibody CR002 prevents renal scarring in experimental glomerulonephritis. J Am Soc Nephrol 2006, 17: 1054
9. Pol, P; Pathogenic role of complement in renal ischemia/reperfusion injury. Thesis 2013
10. Kotimaa, J et al; Functional assessment of rat complement pathway activities and quantification of soluble C5b-9 in an experimental model of renal ischemia/reperfusion injury. J Imm Meth 2014, 412: 14
|Storage and stability||Product should be stored at 4 °C. Under recommended storage conditions, product is stable for one year.|
|Precautions||For research use only. Not for use in or on humans or animals or for diagnostics. It is the responsibility of the user to comply with all local/state and federal rules in the use of this product. Hycult Biotech is not responsible for any patent infringements that might result from the use or derivation of this product.|
|Disease||Infectious diseases, Nephrology|