Tools for complement research
Since 1994, Hycult Biotech has focused on complement research products. Our team possesses extensive expertise in the development and production of assays, antibodies, and proteins for this field and are committed to supporting scientists worldwide in their research on human diseases.
Our complement products:
Our goal is to offer the most complete range of products that can be used for complement research. Our portfolio already consists of the following:
- Assays for human, mouse, and rat
- Monoclonal antibodies to human, mouse, rat, swine
- Polyclonal antibodies to human, mouse, rat, swine
The complement system is a crucial part of the immune system, consisting of
a group of proteins that work together to defend the body against infections and support immune responses. It plays a pivotal role in recognizing and eliminating pathogens, promoting inflammation, and facilitating the removal of cellular debris.
Research on the complement system is vital for several reasons. Firstly, it
helps in understanding its complex interactions with other components
of the immune system, shedding light on the mechanisms behind immune
responses. Secondly, studying the complement system aids in developing
therapeutic strategies for various immune-related disorders and autoimmune diseases. Especially after the successful introduction of Eculizumab and C1-INH, more complement based therapeutics are approved for clinical trials or use.
Overall, comprehensive research on the complement system contributes
to advancing immunology, paving the way for improved treatments and
preventive measures for a wide range of health conditions.
How to analyze complement
Did you know that for accurate complement analysis, it is important that not only the correct technique is used but also that pre-analytical sample handling is performed in an appropriate manner to avoid erroneous results? Make use of our flowchart in your complement research and make sure that your complement analysis is accurate and standardized.
Latest Hycult Biotech news
- Navigating the pitfalls in complement analysisOur colleague Erik Toonen shared his experience on how to analyze complement at the Complement-based Drug Development Summit in Boston in September 11-13th, 2023. He showed valuable insights on analyzing complements. For accurate complement analysis, it is important that not only the correct technique is used but also that pre-analytical sample handling is performed in […]
- NEW Human C3d ELISAWe are happy to introduce our new ELISA (cat.# HK3017) designed to detect human C3d. What sets this assay apart is its utilization of a distinctive neo-epitope capture antibody that selectively targets a specific C3d region of the alpha chain, which is not available in other C3 variants. This way it specifically distinguishes C3d from native C3 […]
- New antibodies for complement related diseasesIntroducing a new blocking antibody targeting complement C5, now available for preclinical research! Complement C5 plays a crucial role in many disease processes, and this new antibody offers the option to mimic blocking of terminal complement pathway. But that’s not all – we also have new antibodies to complement C7 and clusterin, two molecules associated […]