We are very proud of our newly developed human classical and alternative complement pathway assays. They are produced in response to a growing demand for quantitative investigation of complement inhibitors or regulators at lower sample dilutions. This development aims to address the issue of false negative results, enabling more accurate and reliable analysis of complement pathway activity.
These assays provide a comprehensive five-point quantitative curve to assess complement activation and/or inhibition. By utilizing this curve, researchers can accurately measure and analyze the activity of the complement pathway. They serve a dual purpose by allowing the classification of therapeutic compounds that inhibit complement activation, both at early stages in the classical or alternative pathway and at later stages involving C3 or C5 levels. As an example, our inhibiting anti-C5 antibody can be evaluated using the classical pathway assay, thereby establishing its equivalency to Eculizumab or anti-C5 biosimilars. This assessment aids in determining the efficacy of potential treatments and advancing research in complement modulation.
Features activity assays:
- Quantitative measurement of complement activation
- Working at low serum dilutions resulting in less false negative results
- High throughput and offers higher reproducibility in comparison to hemolytic assays
- Assay time less than 2 hours
- Cross reactive with cynomolgus monkey and pig
- Human Classical Complement Pathway Assay: art.no. HK3010, Available in size: 1x 96 determinations, Applications: ELISA and Functional studies
- Human Alternative Complement Pathway Assay: art.no. HK3012, Available in size: 1x 96 determinations, Applications: ELISA and Functional studies
The pathway assays complete our product range from preclinical studies (mouse/rat model) to human clinical studies. And they are a great addition to our successful mouse and rat complement pathway assays as well as early human complement pathway activation assays.
Latest Hycult Biotech news
- New Human Complement Pathway AssaysWe are very proud of our newly developed human classical and alternative complement pathway assays. They are produced in response to a growing demand for quantitative investigation of complement inhibitors or regulators at lower sample dilutions. This development aims to address the issue of false negative results, enabling more accurate and reliable analysis of complement… Read more: New Human Complement Pathway Assays
- Navigating the pitfalls in complement analysisOur colleague Erik Toonen shared his experience on how to analyze complement at the Complement-based Drug Development Summit in Boston in September 11-13th, 2023. He showed valuable insights on analyzing complements. For accurate complement analysis, it is important that not only the correct technique is used but also that pre-analytical sample handling is performed in… Read more: Navigating the pitfalls in complement analysis
- NEW Human C3d ELISAWe are happy to introduce our new ELISA (cat.# HK3017) designed to detect human C3d. What sets this assay apart is its utilization of a distinctive neo-epitope capture antibody that selectively targets a specific C3d region of the alpha chain, which is not available in other C3 variants. This way it specifically distinguishes C3d from native C3… Read more: NEW Human C3d ELISA
- C1s/C1-INH, Human, ELISA, cat.# HK399
- MASP-1/C1-INH, Human, ELISA, cat.# HK3001
- Classical Complement Pathway, Mouse; cat.# HIT420
- Alternative Complement Pathway, Mouse; cat.# HIT422
- Classical Complement Pathway, Rat; cat.# HIT410
- Alternative Complement Pathway, Rat; cat.# HIT412
- Classical Complement Pathway, Pig; cat.# HIT430
- Alternative Complement Pathway, Pig; cat.# HIT432
Calculate your ELISA data easily
With the ELISA calculator you can easily calculate ELISA data. Assayfit Pro helps to perform curve fitting. The calculator generates advanced reports, fit graph, fit parameters and goodness of fit are shown.